Remedies for the Common Cold.
Time and time again tests have shown that hot water containing the juice of a lemon and plenty of honey is more soothing and healing than a whole bunch of cold cures added together.
- Inhalations of steam with eucalyptus oil added as often as possible makes the mucus thinner, helping to clear the nasal passages and make breathing easier.
- Aromatherapy: Tea Tree will make you sweat, which helps to eliminate the virus and make you feel better (make sure that you have a large glass of water before you go to bed, because if you are going to sweat, you need extra fluid).
- Aromatherapy: Eucalyptus and Pine help to ease stuffiness; at night, you could also add lavender, to help you sleep.
- Herbal Teas: A tea made from equal parts of elderflower, peppermint (use catmint instead for children), yarrow, and hyssop. 1 tsp./5 ml per cup, taken up to four times daily will ease chills and coughs.
- Gargle with sage and lemon infusion to ease a sore throat.
- Garlic - use plenty of garlic in cooking. It boosts the immune system.
- Drink plenty of fluids to replace those lost through sweating and sneezing, stick mainly to fruit juices, plain water, herbal teas, and hot water with lemon and honey.
- Avoid all dairy products and sugary foods.
- Vitamin C and Zinc intake must be increased. These two ingredients are key in boosting the immune system.
- Get plenty of rest, no exceptions.
- Avoid too much physical activity, stress, drafty areas. Fresh air is fantastic.